Kurt Cobain's music money 'cursed' says Courtney Love

Wednesday, April 28, 2010




Courtney Love wants to sell off the rights to Kurt Cobain’s music – so she can move on.

The Hole singer doesn’t want to be known as “the widow” of the late Nirvana rocker any longer and thinks the money she has received from his work has been "cursed".

She told The Scotsman: “I'm thinking about selling off all of Kurt's publishing. All of the rights, everything. It's not a financial decision; it's an emotional one. He was the best friend I've ever had, but Kurt and I were only married for three years, and now I need to have my own life. I'm always 'the widow' and that drives me nuts. That money has been cursed since the day it started to come in."

Courtney – who has a 17-year-old daughter Frances Bean from her relationship with Kurt – believes it is time she finally lived a life free of the Come As You Are singer and his tainted cash.

She added: “It's not really my money. I don't want Kurt Cobain to buy me shoes anymore. I want to buy my own shoes – lots of them."

In 2008, Courtney sold a portion of Nirvana's publishing rights for $19.5 million.


Source: www.theage.com.au

0 Feedback:

 
Site Meter