Chelsea Clinton will be getting help from her father, Bill Clinton for wedding arrangements.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Former U.S. President, Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton

Just a few months ago, Bill Clinton was clearly not involved in daughter Chelsea’s wedding…with the exception of his pocketbook. Chelsea was deciding on a dress and the details with her mother, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. But now the former first daughter is accepting some of her father’s input–and the former President is genuinely glad to be part of the decision-making process.

“I participate. Chelsea has been good enough to include me in the decisions they’re making in how to do it, so I love that.” Chelsea is set to wed investment banker, Marc Mezvinsky, this summer. “I like and I admire my prospective son-in-law. I feel grateful that they have been such close friends for half of Chelsea’s life. I look forward to what they will do together, and I’m happy about that.”

The younger Clinton caused quite a stir when she wore her engagement ring featuring several diamonds to the Women in the World: Stories & Solutions Conference last month. When someone asked her mother-in-law, Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky, where the wedding was taking place, she replied “I can’t say.” But it is widely believed that it will be at one of the Clintons favorite spots: Martha’s Vineyard.

Clinton was interviewed by Bush daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, on this week’s Today Show. “I just hope I can keep it together [until] I walk her down the aisle and do the handoff.” Jenna Bush also asked him how he’ll feel when the day arrives. “Proud, grateful, wistful. I’ll be thinking about the day she was born. I’ll be thinking about the first day of school.”

Source: .www.since1910.com

0 Feedback:

 
Site Meter